We offer a variety of accredited and non - accredited courses that help learners develop their personal, social, digital and employability skills.
Our courses put the learner at the heart of the learning journey and have the potential to change lives by challenging perceptions, raising expectations and aspirations and encouraging learners to reach their true potential.
Our courses are fun, interactive and delivered in a community setting by friendly, experienced and qualified staff.
This fun and interactive course includes:
- How and where to look for jobs on-line
- On-line personal safety
- On-line job search and applications
- Project work – improve your labour market research, team work and communication skills
- You as the employer – who would you employ?
- Matching and demonstrating your skills to job specifications
- Using digital technology and social networking to connect with potential recruiters
- Selling yourself to potential employers
- Links to real jobs through Acumen’s Employer Services Team
Courses are weekly, contact us on 0191 518 8810 for next available dates
The course includes:
- Understanding what we mean by “health and well-being"
- Strategies for managing your own lifestyle and well-being
- Understanding the factors that can threaten good health
- Healthy eating and lifestyles
- Stress and coping strategies
- The influence of friends and family
- Building confidence and feeling well
- Setting your own goals and planning to meet them
- And much more
- On-line security and safety
- Using Laptops
- Using tablets
- Music downloads and entertainment, for example YouTube, Vevo
- On-line job adverts and applications
- E-commerce – buying on-line, paying your bills
- Utilities on-line – gas and electricity online accounts
- Using the internet for local government searches
- Using the internet to get information, how to search to find what you want
- Social networking, Facebook, Twitter
- Recognising internet scams
Courses are weekly. Please contact us on 0191 518 8810 for next available dates